Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RIP Guru (aka Keith Elam)





I came into work this morning and one of my co-workers asked me how I felt about Guru- legendary MC of the classic hip-hop band, Gangstarr, dying. I was pretty much startled for a moment. It's funny because I've been playing a lot of Gangstarr at work, and even last week, I stated that I wanted to use Gangstarr lyrics when I answer people's questions.

Oddly enough I was playing, "Mass Appeal" (my favorite Gangstarr track) before I get the news. Guru not only had an undeniable voice but his music had so much depth and substance.

RIP Guru- you will always be a legend and one of the greatest microphone technicians I've had the pleasure of hearing. Below are a few of my favorite Gangstarr tracks for your listening pleasure:









No comments: