Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shame, Shame on you Redskins





I am livid beyond words with the loss last night to the Philadelphia Eagles. Chad Dukes summed up my frustrations with the nonsense with the Redskins players and personnel. The man has earned my undying respect because I know how he feels as a fellow diehard fan, and he took the words right out of my mouth.



I am just disgusted with the way the Redskins organization has fallen apart in over the last decade. Since Dan Snyder has taken over, it's been one mistake and disaster after the next. I remember when the decision was made to bring Deion Sanders in and get rid of a Redskin workhorse, Brian Mitchell. The Redskins get Deion and think they're going to buy themselves a Super Bowl win? What did they get in return? The Redskins were made to look like buffoons, Deion left after one piss-poor season, and Brian did great in Philly.

I may live in Los Angeles, California right now- but I will always be a loyal Redskins fan. I've been a fan since I was two and a half years old. I was the one who made my family Redskins fans. My family have been putting money into the product and organization for decades. I am cut from the cloth of Redskins fan who cared about community, who went to the old RFK Stadium, who was used to playoff games, had faith in the heart of our team.

Does this team have heart now? Well, watch our overpaid big baby, "Fat" Albert Haynesworth, doing what he does best, rolling over and just giving up.



I am disgusted by the millionaires who could care less about their performance and how it comes off to the loyal fanbase, who pump money into their wallets and pay for their mortgages. Call me selfish or pardon me if I seem entitled, but I expect a little bit more than the visual abortion I saw on that field Monday night. We are a disgrace to the National Football League, and I'm tired of it. I'm sick and tired of Dallas Cowboys fans consoling me. They are laughing at us?! They've won only two freaking games all season and meanwhile, they look down on us?!! I should be looking down on them, but no, it always ends with the Redskins fans having to take the abuse.

I have Redskins memorabilia all over my house. I have autographed footballs, pics with my favorite player, Joe Theismann, who was my childhood hero. I was brought up on the old school of football, and their mentality. So, it makes me livid to see these players nowadays with their "me, me, me" philosophy. There is no team anymore- it's just players coming in, raping the fans for their money and moving on. Its players like that- who make the ones who actually try look bad.

Stick your heads in the ground like an ostrich all this week, Redskins staff and players. You should be ashamed of yourself. You should be kissing each one of our asses one by one for sticking through with you after what I saw Monday night.

No comments: